Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 200
Posts: 200   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 111284 times and has 199 replies Next Thread
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: OpenPandemics GPU Beta Test - March 5 2021 [ Issues Thread ]

PMH,

"ASSERTION FAILED: Double precision not supported on this device (if this is a literal, use '1.0f' not '1.0')"

I think I read somewhere on another BETA Thread that the Beignet driver doesn't support Double-Precision. Or maybe the card itself doesn't support DP.

Does this app even require DP? Keith? I could be wrong but I don't believe mobos with embedded GPUs even have DP capabilities nor do low end cards.
----------------------------------------
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by nanoprobe at Mar 5, 2021 8:01:44 PM]
[Mar 5, 2021 7:58:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pete Broad
Senior Cruncher
Wales
Project Badges:

Yes, one of my laptops just picked up 15 Intel units, should be interesting to see how these go.

Pete

[Mar 5, 2021 8:00:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

PMH,

"ASSERTION FAILED: Double precision not supported on this device (if this is a literal, use '1.0f' not '1.0')"

I think I read somewhere on another BETA Thread that the Beignet driver doesn't support Double-Precision. Or maybe the card itself doesn't support DP.

Does this app even require DP? Keith?

Uplinger said on the previous page it doesn't and he is going to look into these Single/Double Precision errors.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Mar 5, 2021 8:00:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It will add Si (Silicon) to the list atom types allowed by the GPU version.

Are some materials not suitable for GPU work/will only be run as CPU units?

See here: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg...ad,43223_offset,30#652500

As I read that link, they had to remove Si because it did not work on the GPU version.
So maybe they found a way to make it work? So much the better.
[Mar 5, 2021 8:01:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

It will add Si (Silicon) to the list atom types allowed by the GPU version.

Are some materials not suitable for GPU work/will only be run as CPU units?

See here: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg...ad,43223_offset,30#652500

I should amend my statement that Si was not allowed before, but it is now allowed on GPU version with version 7.26 in testing. What will probably be the case for future work is that GPU will get work that is not suitable for CPU. This is why in the work unit name you see them as OPNG instead of OPN1. OPNG is a different pipeline of work from the researchers so they can customize what is sent. At the moment, these will probably consist of molecules that would take WAY to long on a CPU but only a few minutes on a GPU. Again, this plan is fluid and not set it in stone yet. When we get closer to production this information will become more firm.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Mar 5, 2021 8:03:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Well, that's good then.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Mar 5, 2021 8:05:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

PMH,

Does this app even require DP? Keith?

Uplinger said on the previous page it doesn't and he is going to look into these Single/Double Precision errors.

Correct, which might help us with getting the trouble cards listed in another thread as becoming good cards. There is a chance that when compiled we defined something that was not explicit in single precision.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Mar 5, 2021 8:05:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

First finished iGPU task
i7-4790K/iGPU HD4600
Workunit: BETA_OPNG_0022004_00083_0
Runtime: 00:59:38.
CPU Time: 00:03:20
Long time average CPU%: 5.61

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/device/...og.do?resultId=1543578529

[Mar 5, 2021 8:09:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

I'm going to give the intel GPU's about 50 more minutes to grab work before turning AMD and Nvidia on for this beta test. We still have about 800 results for IGPU waiting to be sent out.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Mar 5, 2021 8:09:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Richard Haselgrove
Senior Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Interim report: UHD 620 is running, switching to a new AutoDock instance about once a minute. It's using a CPU core at about 99%.

HD 4600 is still on the first AutoDock job after more than 15 minutes, and is using 0.0000 CPU. It also triggered an intel_gpu driver crash/restart about when AutoDock started. I think that's the problem I had on the first Beta run.

Intel GPUs need (at least, they used to need about 5 years ago) a monitor to be attached for crunching. This one has an HDMI dummy plug, so I can't see the output, but it thinks I can.
[Mar 5, 2021 8:10:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 200   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread