Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 822
Posts: 822   Pages: 83   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 171285 times and has 821 replies Next Thread
Amalthea
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Work unit availability

Hi, thanks for the reply! I do actually have the GTX 1650 as well, laptop version though. Dunno if that makes a difference here! Limited supply means that I just need to try again because all the Nvidia work units might already be being crunched?
Thanks a lot! :)
[Apr 6, 2021 7:52:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hnapel
Advanced Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:

Hi :) Is it normal and intended that there are no work units for my NVidia GPU? I'm crunching AMD/ATI ones, one at a time, but it would be a waste since the NVidia is my main GPU. I did activate all with "Yes" in the options.
Take care!

What I'm seeing is I got some NVIDIA jobs and then they stopped coming but still seeing Intel and AMD jobs arrive, my guess is due to the limited number of GPU jobs / hour (see above) and prevalence of NVIDIA cards amongst contributors they get processed real fast so you need to wait for the next batch, see if you get any in next few days before concluding anything is wrong.
[Apr 6, 2021 7:53:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

The well is very empty. No more work for 20 minutes or so. 43 done and finished, GPU fan spinning down.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Apr 6, 2021 7:55:23 PM]
[Apr 6, 2021 7:54:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bozz4science
Advanced Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

BOINC manager also reports, that tasks for Intel GPUs are available that my settings do not allow them. We just gotta be patient. Hopefully, the task difficulty gets increased, so that the "dry spells" in between the 30 min work distribution periods don't get too long.

AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 4.0 GHz / GTX1660S
Intel i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz
[Apr 6, 2021 7:55:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

It's not good for the GPU to go from hot to cold and back all the time when tasks runs out. That's a sure way to break any electronic device.

(Understand now why I call myself Grumpy Swede?) laughing

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Apr 6, 2021 8:02:12 PM]
[Apr 6, 2021 7:59:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cpalmer
Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

101 nvidia WUs processed on one GPU.... no problems at all. Now run out so flat out on the CPU ones again.

Thanks @uplinger for all your effort.
[Apr 6, 2021 8:00:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JohnDK
Advanced Cruncher
Denmark
Project Badges:

It's not good for the GPU to go from hot to cold and back all the time when tasks runs out. That's a sure way to break any electronic device.

(Understand now why I call myself Grumpy Swede?) laughing

Mine is kept warm with Milkyway wink
Intel i7-6850K / 16GB / RTX 3090 / 2x RTX 3080 Ti / RTX 3070 Ti
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 32GB / RTX 2080 Ti
[Apr 6, 2021 8:14:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Umlauf

It is set for Intel GPU.

Mike
[Apr 6, 2021 8:15:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dayle Diamond
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

If patterns continue, we will see 81,600 GPU tasks a day, and 1,038,000 CPU tasks a day. Hopefully this improves - what's the purpose of waiting 9 years for a new GPU project & the programming effort so a task runs 500 times faster if the vast majority of batches are still reserved for CPUs?
[Apr 6, 2021 8:19:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GunZi
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

My GTX 1070 waits for work :)
[Apr 6, 2021 8:23:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 822   Pages: 83   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread