Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 111
Posts: 111   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
This topic has been viewed 67443 times and has 110 replies Next Thread
GWG
Cruncher
AUSTRALIA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Transition Questions and Answers

My question relates to future projects: one of the facets of the WCG that I appreciated was the breadth of research.

I would be very disappointed if new projects only came from the Institute taking over the hosting, and I would lose interest if WCG became the fiefdom of the new host institute.

Can you give some assurance that this will not happen?
----------------------------------------

George W Gerrity
Mb: +61 429 400 912
Campbell, ACT 2612
Australia

[Sep 13, 2021 3:23:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

My question relates to future projects: one of the facets of the WCG that I appreciated was the breadth of research.

I would be very disappointed if new projects only came from the Institute taking over the hosting, and I would lose interest if WCG became the fiefdom of the new host institute.

Can you give some assurance that this will not happen?

Hi George, we answered your question here:

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg...ad,43699_offset,20#665017

World Community Grid will not become the fiefdom of the new host institute, although we will continue to run projects from Krembil as we have in the past. The focus right now is on making the transition, so there won't be any new projects in the immediate future.
[Sep 13, 2021 3:27:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
major10719
Cruncher
Project Badges:

So for now in regards to the running projects it's same o same o?

[Sep 13, 2021 3:32:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
USA
Project Badges:

So for now in regards to the running projects it's same o same o?

Yes, exactly! And the researchers need everyone's support as much as ever.
[Sep 13, 2021 3:35:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

And, if there will be a new forum, I take it that the old posts, will not be migrated.

The existing forum content ("old posts") shall be taken over / migrated since it represents an important resources in terms of knowledge management.
Cheers,
Yves
[Sep 13, 2021 3:41:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waltham
Cruncher
Project Badges:

This is the biggest point for me as my company computers are involved in research. Will an hospital IT team will be savvy enough to avoid all the problems its industry has been plagued with lately?
I'll stay for the moment, but first problem appearing I will sadly stop. Or go bankrupt if it's a big problem... wink
[Sep 13, 2021 4:16:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
USA
Project Badges:

This is the biggest point for me as my company computers are involved in research. Will an hospital IT team will be savvy enough to avoid all the problems its industry has been plagued with lately?
I'll stay for the moment, but first problem appearing I will sadly stop. Or go bankrupt if it's a big problem... wink

An IT team for North America's largest hospital research network has to be savvy. They're dealing with patient records and financial data. The Krembil Research Institute and UHN employees who will handle World Community Grid are being trained by the current team--and will be supported by the team--to deal with any possible issues that may arise.
[Sep 13, 2021 4:21:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yoerik
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Is anyone losing their jobs as a result of this transition, or will all existing WCG staff be redeployed within IBM?

[Sep 13, 2021 4:54:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
USA
Project Badges:

Is anyone losing their jobs as a result of this transition, or will all existing WCG staff be redeployed within IBM?

Some are moving to other positions within IBM, while others will be looking for opportunities outside. But the entire team has been involved/is involved in the transition in order to ensure the success of the program at Krembil.
[Sep 13, 2021 5:18:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 111   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread