Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142144 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
aendgraend
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Transition Talk

Well, good luck to all of the IBM team wherever you go. You have supported WCG in great fashion and are probably looking forward to not having to answer silly forum questions. wink

Cheers and good luck.

cowboy

Hm, I just stumbled across this thread and I have to wonder, do you think about all users asking silly questions?

I for one have been a moderator (among other things) in a German forum that deals with crunching for more than 15 years, I think it might actually be one of the biggest crunching forums around, SETI.Germany, and I have never assumed about any user that he/she asks silly questions. And if I did, I would never have written it publicly.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by aendgraend at Sep 30, 2021 6:12:40 PM]
[Sep 30, 2021 6:11:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

Hi everyone,

For those who may not have seen the Introductions thread yet, the transition team at Krembil Research Institute has been saying hello to everyone in the forum. Please feel free to look and say hello to them.
[Sep 30, 2021 7:09:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Paul Schlaffer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The new interface is less than intuitive. There should be a "forum" link under the Community section. Some of the Community subsections should be moved to a Statistics section. These are functional/usability issues.

Not a fan of the new look with the low grade graphics. The old site was better overall, but that's a different issue.

“Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.” – James Madison (1792)
[Oct 6, 2021 5:05:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alged
Master Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:

IS THAT THREAD "FROZEN" or "LOCKED"???

[Oct 19, 2021 9:42:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keputnam
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Are you EVER going to update stats?

Last result returned

February 21, 2022

is what appears for me, and I assure you that I have been returning WUs on a regular basis
[Oct 17, 2022 6:21:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Are you EVER going to update stats?

Last result returned

February 21, 2022

is what appears for me, and I assure you that I have been returning WUs on a regular basis
THAT part is working again since September 29th, as has been shown in a different thread the other day.
If you still see only February, then the problem is likely on your side...

Ralf

[Oct 17, 2022 7:04:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ChelseaOilman
Cruncher
Project Badges:

THAT part is working again since September 29th, as has been shown in a different thread the other day.

Ralf

I recently did quite a few tasks and never saw any stats reported from the WCG site so I gave up. Wierdly the Free-DC stats site was showing I did get points. I have no idea where Free-DC gets the stats from WCG.
#	Team Rank	Project Rank	Country	Nick	Today	Last Update	Yesterday	2 Days Ago	Average	Last 7 days	Last 28 Days	RAC	FDC RAC	Total Credit
1 1 327 UNITED STATES ChelseaOilman 0 0 0 0 244 1,123 319,875 5,049 11,847 109,826,236

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ChelseaOilman at Oct 17, 2022 5:27:09 PM]
[Oct 17, 2022 5:24:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ralf

I recently did quite a few tasks and never saw any stats reported from the WCG site so I gave up. Wierdly the Free-DC stats site was showing I did get points. I have no idea where Free-DC gets the stats from WCG.
#	Team Rank	Project Rank	Country	Nick	Today	Last Update	Yesterday	2 Days Ago	Average	Last 7 days	Last 28 Days	RAC	FDC RAC	Total Credit
1 1 327 UNITED STATES ChelseaOilman 0 0 0 0 244 1,123 319,875 5,049 11,847 109,826,236
Well, not sure where you are looking, but again, this is one of the things that is in fact working since Sep 29th.
Here's a screenshot from the activity graph on MY "Overview" page at WCG...

Ralf

[Edit 1 times, last edit by TPCBF at Oct 18, 2022 12:49:33 AM]
[Oct 18, 2022 12:44:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ChelseaOilman
Cruncher
Project Badges:

My "Overview" page shows this at the top:
Username ChelseaOilman
Last result returned February 20, 2022
Team UK BOINC Team
Badges earned 99

The graph at the bottom of the page is blank.
The results page shows nothing as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ChelseaOilman at Oct 18, 2022 4:13:20 PM]
[Oct 18, 2022 4:10:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

My "Overview" page shows this at the top:
Username ChelseaOilman
Last result returned February 20, 2022
Team UK BOINC Team
Badges earned 99

The graph at the bottom of the page is blank.
The results page shows nothing as well.
Sorry, but that is odd at best, it just works for me, and probably a lot of other folks, as several have mentioned this on this forum.
As for the Results, don't know when that started to work, but I have been pulling the Result's history.csv file at least once daily since August 23rd, which was a bit over a month before the WCG stats on the Overview page started to work for pretty much all of the regulars here on the forum, starting Sep 29th, as shown in the graph I already posted...

Any chance that you did "play" with any of the BOINCclient settings or anything else WCG/BOINC related while you "gave up"?

Ralf

[Edit 1 times, last edit by TPCBF at Oct 18, 2022 5:38:34 PM]
[Oct 18, 2022 5:35:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread