Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20528 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
chiara.p
World Community Grid Admin, Mapping Cancer Markers Scientist
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Introductions

Hello, I am part of the transition team (Krembil side) and will work side by side with the amazing caitilarkin.

I'd like to start thanking all the volunteers for supporting scientific projects that benefit humanity: WCG would not be at this point without you. I hope you will bear with us while we make this transition happen, we are working hard to give the WCG a bright future to honour your commitments.

I would like to point out that the entire transition team on Krembil side is made of scientists, each with different expertise. We will try our best to answer all your questions, while making sure the transition is as seamless as possible.

Chiara
[Sep 16, 2021 7:51:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Introductions

Welcome aboard. I am glad to to see you in the forums. Please stop by often to help keep us informed. I won't hesitate to ask you questions and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them as there is usually someone with expertise who will gladly try to answer.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 16, 2021 8:01:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Welcome, Dr. Pastrello!

I second what Sgt. Joe said.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 16, 2021 8:09:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Welcome aboard Chiara, I echo the same as the 2 people above me. Out of curiosity under your forum name will it be changing or will it remain as "Cruncher"? I look forward to seeing what the future holds with the project been hosted at Krembil

[Sep 16, 2021 11:33:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

One of the points I've seen to cause more concern among members is regarding projects from other scientific disciplines, such as climate science. I know caitilarkin has already told us that you are aware that people value projects from such other disciplines but can you put those worries to rest?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Falconet at Sep 18, 2021 9:23:31 AM]
[Sep 17, 2021 2:09:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jurisica
World Community Grid Admin, Mapping Cancer Markers and Help Conquer Cancer Scientist
Project Badges:

Thank you @Falconet for your post. Indeed, as @Caitilarkin already mentioned, please be assured we are not changing WCG values.

We value diversity, open science, open data, and international collaboration. We value interest and support of volunteers. While our own expertise and focus is and will be on health research, we embrace and continue supporting other humanitarian research - such as Africa Rainfall Project.

Transition process will take us some time - and we cannot jeopardize existing projects by bringing new ones at this point. But we will - and we will encourage scientists and volunteers to focus on and support important research.

We're in the process of moving to our new home at Krembil Research Institute. During the transition, we will not be accepting or reviewing proposals for additional projects, as our priority is to ensure the current projects continue without interruption.

The new World Community Grid will build on and expand the potential of citizen science. In the coming months, we will be busy capturing expertise running the Grid, and ensuring we fully and effectively transfer know-how gained over 17 years. Once the foundation of the new WCG is ready and we can scale it up, we will post the call for proposals.

thank you
Igor
[Sep 17, 2021 3:00:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Dr. Jurisica,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I hope for a smooth transition.

Thank you again.

[Sep 17, 2021 3:15:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chiara.p
World Community Grid Admin, Mapping Cancer Markers Scientist

Thank you everyone for the very kind welcome. I will try to stop by often.

Speedy51, yes, the forum admins are going to change it.
[Sep 17, 2021 3:18:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ragnarsdad
Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Looking forward to a smooth transition and a bright future for the grid
[Sep 17, 2021 4:23:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supdood
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Great to hear from folks at Krembil. I hope you will be frequent visitors to the forums--an engaged volunteer computing force is a happy force...

Thanks for posting details on the transition/new project timeframe. Looking forward to the successful transition and expansion of WCG.
Crunch with BOINC team USA
www.boincusa.com

[Sep 17, 2021 4:33:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread