Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 125
Posts: 125   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 72630 times and has 124 replies Next Thread
cz50975
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New Website - First Impressions

My contribution - Results page showing strange results:

1. sorting by return time for VALID results - not working correctly as I see my today results in mix with results from yesterday

2. filtering by Pending Validation status showing also all WUs with In Progress status. Of course workarround is in filtering of combination Completed plus Pending Validation. Interesting is that filtering by Pending Verification status working fine.

3. WU OPN1_0062192_00781 showing CPU/Elapsed time 0/0 for my VALID result with received credits

P.S. on old pages we had possibility to sort by Time Due or Return Time separatelly, now web mixing it together what is not the best option
[Sep 22, 2021 4:56:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Quickly, simply and totally qualitatively, I don't care for it. I do not understand why something that has worked so well for so many years has to be "improved". New badge look [REDACTED FOR OBSCENITY]. Sorry, just my 2 cents.

Admin note: Posts that violate our Communication Guidelines are subject to moderation.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by caitilarkin at Sep 22, 2021 2:02:18 PM]
[Sep 22, 2021 5:24:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gs003
Cruncher
NL
Project Badges:

i share a lot of the feedback and didnt see the activity grid mentioned..

https://imgur.com/dWEefiT

i get it github made this popular and it might look 'cool'. but it provides zero value and ought to be replaced with day charts similar to old website.
[Sep 22, 2021 9:52:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Werinbert
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I am probably repeating what others said but..... I don't really like the new interface, I need to scroll down a fair amount to get to the useful data being the project contributions, I also don't like the new badges as they are too similar in color schemes so as to not have any differentiation.

At the top of overview there is a column labeled projects. This seems to only show a preference page for one of the Boinc project preference profiles (default?). I run multiple computers using multiple profiles making the data presented in this column unrepresentative

A link to the forums should be more prominent. some small link at the bottom amongst a dozen other links makes it seem that the project wants to avoid having the users use the forums.

Activity shown by square boxes is not very intuitive for deriving useful information, the activity over time chart is a nice addition and useful.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Werinbert at Sep 22, 2021 11:32:19 AM]
[Sep 22, 2021 11:31:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JanM
Cruncher
Project Badges:

What I find most annoying is that although I tickmark the "remember me" at the logon screen I have to logon several times a day.
I use different tabs (in FireFox) to display different parts of the website and refresh them during the day. As if the logon-information is not shared over the different tabs (where this was the case on the old website).

Another thing is on the results page. It's possible to sort on columns, but if you have more than one page with results it sorts only on the page which you are looking at and not over all pages with results.
[Sep 22, 2021 1:47:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Link64
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

As much as I understand, that many long time members complain about the new badges, for me as a quite new memeber they are better, finally I don't need to remember what for example "red" means. "d" and "y" are pretty clear and the design is way more consistent than it was in case of the old badges.

[Sep 22, 2021 5:49:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Thank you for having restored the "My Project Contribution" table.
Even after a couple of day, I miss a more colourful web site.
The badge colours look really odd.
It would be fine for readability to remove the small circles on the curves by the "My activity over time" diagram.
The website ergonomics gives still a lot of space for improvement.
By the way, the forum website is very slow.
Cheers,
Yves
[Sep 22, 2021 7:44:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mad_Max
Cruncher
Russia
Project Badges:

On the Contribution Overview page (https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/contribution/overview)
Projects widget shows only 2 projects:
OpenPandemics and Help Stop TB

While i contribute for at least 3 project (MCM is a 3rd) right now and for last few month. Also Smash Childhood Cancer is enabled too (but there were no WUs for it recently). And much more projects in the past.

Is it a bug? Or this limit to show only 2 project is an another strange design decision?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mad_Max at Sep 23, 2021 4:35:06 AM]
[Sep 23, 2021 4:33:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I presume it is a bug. There is space for 4 and it doesn't show my ARP or HST.

I assume it is only intended to show current projects, but whether SCC would classify, I would have thought so because it is listed on the add projects screen.
[Sep 23, 2021 4:50:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GB033533
Senior Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Maybe it's just me, but this morning the My Activity grid shows no activity? Each little box is pale, and hovering over shows 0:00:00:00:00 of runtime for each day. I see the new (I think?) History in the menu, which does show the activity. Has this replaced the Activity grid?
On a general note, i would echo the comments of many others that there is too much white space on the new website, and the big headline figures for Runtime/Results returned/Points earned are unnecessary. The actual figure is all we need to see.

[Sep 23, 2021 8:08:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 125   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread