Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 76
Posts: 76   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40543 times and has 75 replies Next Thread
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Forum and website restart Question and Answers

I'm imagining that this process is/has been like IBM drove a 17 year old car onto Krembil's driveway (…)
Hopefully, everything will be in 'racing condition' in the very near future - then, it'll be full steam ahead

(emphasis mine) It sounds as if the car was much older. laughing

Image: First self-propelled carriage with passengers on board dating from the late eighteenth century, more precisely 1770, the time of Louis XV.

(Source: https://www.autogids.be/autonieuws/nostalgie/...rste-ongeval-in-1770.html)
[Jul 24, 2022 8:37:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buja
Cruncher
biggrin Re: Forum and website restart Question and Answers

Try. People including me have problems getting ¤ in default, home ect profiles to take effect so I hope that the default profile with default setting is good for you. But please try and report back.

(this sounds like) "Tie a rope around your waist so you can find your way back to us!" biggrin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by buja at Jul 24, 2022 6:21:09 PM]
[Jul 24, 2022 5:33:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slundahl
Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Probably a good analogy. Curious what the tech stack and architecture design was like for what IBM handed Krembil and what Krembil engineers have done to get this ready. I'd love to see a blog article from them on this for us software techies.
[Jul 26, 2022 4:51:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Probably a good analogy. Curious what the tech stack and architecture design was like for what IBM handed Krembil and what Krembil engineers have done to get this ready. I'd love to see a blog article from them on this for us software techies.

Me too.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 26, 2022 7:05:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TimGatty
Cruncher
Project Badges:

They are working on the last of the bugs right now Tim. There are a couple of posts with updates like this one in the news section if you want specifics.
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,44175

Still no work to process. sad
[Jul 31, 2022 12:13:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

Patience, patience. It can very likely take one or two more months, before they say that we're back to normal. Before that, and with the very small test batches released during this test phase, the chance of getting any work at all, is extremely low, unless you're using a batch file, or similar solution, to auto-request new work every 5-10 minutes . (I'm requesting every 10 minutes, to be nice to the servers, and I do get work, from time to time.)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Jul 31, 2022 12:39:03 PM]
[Jul 31, 2022 12:34:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 76   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread