Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 58
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10740 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2023-01-13 Update (workunit status & missing devices)

Workunit statuses

Mapping Cancer Markers: We have increased the number of threads assigned to creation of MCM workunits by about 60% on each workunit management server. As a result, the 7 day average of completed batches sent back to MCM1 research servers (10,000 workunits to a batch) has risen to 57 from 45, roughly a 25% increase. As we increased the number of threads in a two-step process and conducted maintenance on the storage server twice during the 7 day period over which the average is calculated, we do expect this number to increase further even without additional adjustment. We will continue to assess whether we can optimize it more (without interfering with the work currently underway at SHARCNET to resolve our network congestion ticket and move to the new, faster storage server).

Africa Rainfall Project: The ARP team is finalizing storage issues, and plans to resume downloading results from our servers, which will enable more workunits to be sent to volunteers. Workunits are being sent out at a slower rate due to the backlog of completed results. Further, errors in specific generations have caused some generations to lag behind. Together with the ARP team we have investigated the cause of these errors, and we determined that re-sending them after adjusting the granularity/time-step should resolve the problem.

OpenPandemics: As mentioned in a previous update, OPNG workunits are paused as the team is preparing a new set of protein targets. We will provide an update once the new workunits are ready to be distributed.

Help Stop TB: The team has been analyzing previous results and devising new strategies for the search. We are waiting for the Help Stop TB team to provide us with new workunits.

Smash Childhood Cancer: Once the team finalizes new targets, they will be able to prepare workunits for the next phase of the SCC project.

Missing devices

We continue working on resolving the reported problem causing some registered devices not appearing in the My Contribution section. For some insight into the cause of these issues, read our previous update on the topic. At present, we encourage everyone who has this issue to send an email to support@worldcommunitygrid.org that includes your missing device’s name and host ID so we can solve it manually.

If you have any comments or questions, please leave them in this thread for us to answer. Thank you for your support.

WCG team
[Jan 13, 2023 9:22:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: 2023-01-13 Update (workunit status & missing devices)

Thanks for the informative update. Thanks for increasing the WUs sent out!
[Jan 13, 2023 11:44:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AgrFan
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Cyclops,

Can I please get a response to the support email I sent 2022-12-20 regarding device names not being updated in Devices after a device is renamed?

Is this being actively investigated?

WCG tech support - #2791
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by AgrFan at Jan 14, 2023 2:53:40 AM]
[Jan 14, 2023 1:50:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 14, 2023 2:06:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher

Cyclops,

Can I please get a response to the support email I sent 2022-12-20 regarding device names not being updated in Devices after a device is renamed?

Is this being actively investigated?

WCG tech support - #2791

Hi AgrFan, your email should have been redirected to a member of our tech team and it should be resolved soon (I'm not sure if they would work on it over the weekend).
[Jan 14, 2023 6:11:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:
rose Re: 2023-01-13 Update (workunit status & missing devices)

Thanks for adding my device that I installed 28-12-2022, very much appreciated! hugs

Also, great work on ARP1! There is already good proof that the adjustment of the time-step was successful (see post 681205, where a workunit that errored out was reported, and post 681403 one week later, where the same workunit - now with granularity adjusted - was crunched without errors). good luck

Finally, thanks for the update.
Adri
[Jan 14, 2023 11:05:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Yavanius
Senior Cruncher
Antarctica
Project Badges:

Any luck fixing the "new URL" issue? I saw a whiles back it was posted it was fixed but I still get the message.
[Jan 16, 2023 7:01:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Adamos86
Cruncher
Greece
Project Badges:

Thank you for the update.
[Jan 16, 2023 11:41:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ADDIE2014
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update Cyclops
[Jan 17, 2023 9:29:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlmightyMoe
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi Cyclops,

My device added Dec 21st is still not showing, raised a support ticket Dec 30th, and I already escalated last week, got a response Monday then nothing.

Perhaps can request your magic to help resolve this as well.

Thanks,

[Edit 1 times, last edit by AlmightyMoe at Jan 17, 2023 1:15:10 PM]
[Jan 17, 2023 1:14:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread