Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 155
Posts: 155   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 104335 times and has 154 replies Next Thread
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Daily WorkUnit Flow Information

Adri,

Thanks for some insight into how you arrive at the information on that web page! It sounds a lot more detailed and complex than my [unpublished] snapshot efforts (and on a larger dataset too!) It's a neat way of showing progress - thank you for doing it and publishing it!

Regarding patience (or other virtues!)... I was worried that (with no data visible for 16th July well after mid-day) perhaps something had crashed or hung up on your system(s), and as these tasks disappear really quickly I thought I'd post what I'd seen in case anyone popped in here to see what was going on... I was relieved to see that a few hours later your page suddenly showed a huge amount of activity for the 16th, including some activity on the late-starting batch 4221 :-)

Cheers - Al.

P.S. Wouldn't it be nice if WCG did something similar to your page, but with information drawn from their database :-)
[Jul 17, 2023 12:35:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

We flew through the batch of shorties they gave us in SCC. The question is will they give us more batches or is it just resends for now?
[Jul 17, 2023 2:23:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Al, thank you for the acknowledgement!

My biggest concern (or fear if you want worried ), especially with the 'current' speed of the distribution of workunits, is that I will miss out hypnotized on a 10% piece, so that it will not be recorded.
At this moment, I'm seeing that batch 4221 misses only one date — for the ">90%" boundary — and the slower machine is the only one that has (only 10) tasks in that range. So we have to be a bit patient (it will probably take some days, unless I receive a resend somewhere else(*1)).
Thinking about it some more, with this data you can also 'predict'/tell when (i.e. on which days) any resends might take place.

At least I'm happy that the webpage serves a purpose, or even a need if you want to call it that. But without people's comments (esp. about the need for it) I would be left in the dark, so thank you all for that!

Another concern, and point of failure, is the process of uploading the datafile to the webpage. If that fails, the webpage isn't getting any updates at all as a consequence, of course.

One more observation is that you also need to refresh the cache of the browser sometimes to get an updated webpage. Alternatively, use wget/curlcool. True, it's a simple page. straight face

Adri
EDIT: Added a reference and a PS.
[*1] PS And it happened - just received task SCC1_0004221_FLI1-A_93000_1, so that last gap will already be filled in half an hour. hugs
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by adriverhoef at Jul 17, 2023 9:34:58 PM]
[Jul 17, 2023 8:46:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Bone dry on SCC here.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 18, 2023 1:02:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Regarding that flurry of OPNG work from about 00:00 UTC on the 18th...

The ones I've seen [so far] all seem to be for receptor 5rl7_nuc_0, which was one of the seven targets of the last batches of work up to the mid-June pause. If these run to the same pattern, most workunits will contain between 40 and 60 "jobs" with the odd outlier (end-of-batch WUs or WUs with either very large or very small ligands...). Typical batches seemed to have [low] hundreds of WUs.

Unfortunately, that means that the [seemingly small] batches will get swallowed up quite quickly. The lowest batch I've seen was 0191017 and the highest reported to date is 0191176 (Grumpy Swede @ about 16:00 UTC) Given that we appeared to work through over 3,000 batches[*1] for this target group [of seven] between 6th and 10th June, I'm not sure how long this lot will last for (or how quickly the work will be released to clients).

Of course, it would be nice if someone could tell us[*2], but if they did we wouldn't need this thread, would we? :-)

Cheers - Al.

*1 -- that is based on an assumption that there weren't any significant gaps in the batch-numbering sequence (and yes I do know about "never ass-u-me"...)

*2 -- I still wonder if they know in advance when work from the scientists is going to show up :-)
[Jul 18, 2023 4:38:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for the info Al !
We have 3 projects sending out WUs. Yes, I know that OPNG and SCC are sending out very few, but it still feels good. I'll enjoy the moment.
[Jul 18, 2023 7:59:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Can you provide the starting and ending batch numbers for the FLI1-A target?
This information would be helpful for keeping track of progress of the new work.
Also, will there be more work for the MyoD1 target or are we finished?

Hi AgrFan,

We are in the process of preparing an update from the SCC team, which will include some of these details. If either of your questions is not addressed in that article, I will update this thread with the answers to your questions once I hear back from the SCC team and our tech team.
[Jul 20, 2023 2:41:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

After a diet of [occasional] retries, there appears to be new work for MCM1 -- I've had tasks for batches from 0202060 to 0202076 so far, and all the underlying workunits appear to have been created on the 20th.

Cheers - Al.
[Jul 20, 2023 11:38:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

And we are back

What are people getting WU wise??
I got some SCC resends.
[Jul 26, 2023 5:05:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spRocket
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Lots of fresh OPN1 plus SCC resends, but no MCM, ARP, or OPNG.

I'm also getting OPN1 on the ARM side.
[Jul 26, 2023 5:08:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 155   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread