Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 594 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
BuckShot
Advanced Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
BOINC options

Suggestions:

1) Allow BOINC users to select projects like in the UD agent profile.

2) Allow more BOINC device profiles with user-chosen names rather than just school, home etc.

EDIT=> 3) Allow the BOINC agents to be renamed just the same way that the UD Agents can be renamed.

Edit = Remove errors. blushing
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by BuckShot at Jan 9, 2006 11:29:24 PM]
[Jan 7, 2006 5:47:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: BOINC options

Buckshot,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. This is a limitation of the current Boinc software, but we are working hard to change it.

2. This is a constraint we placed on the system to ensure that Boinc would run smoothly. We may explore making the changes you suggest in the future.

3. BOINC does not allow users to change the name of their devices. Each time the agent communicates with the server it sends the device name. This will override anything stored in the database. The agent has no mechanism to receive a new name from the server.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 9, 2006 4:50:19 PM]
[Jan 9, 2006 3:07:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BuckShot
Advanced Cruncher

4 of my agents have these type names.

DBNP5N41
DRY8541
SPYS541
DCXWDL41

I would love to change these to meaningful (meaningful to me) names so I can keep up with them. I don't care what the agents real name is or if it is a number (like in UD) but I would like to assign a name so that when I look at device statistics, I can know which machine has gone down. The way it is, I can't tell the players without a program....so to speak. Thanks for the great job you guys do.
[Jan 9, 2006 11:37:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Buckshot,

We will take your suggestion into consideration, and perhaps we can figure out a way to assign aliases to device numbers. As usual, though, the plates of the tech team are very full, so I can't promise anything.
[Jan 10, 2006 1:55:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TheRealYeti
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

Hi together,

I'm an enthuastic fan of BOINC and discovered, that I can now run FightAids@Home, which I would like to support.

So, I wanted to set up the BOINC-Resource-Share (between the different projects) to a value, that FightAids@Home get's 1/3 of my main-resources.

To do this, I would have to enter the value 30.000 as ResourceShare, but on your side I can only set up 9999 as biggest number sad

Could you correct this so that BOINC-Users can enter their used numbers ?

Thanks in advance

Yeti

Supporting BOINC, a great concept !
[Jan 24, 2006 8:36:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread