Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23071 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Spread the word

Alain,

This is great. The only thing that I feel that we now need is the approval of someone within WCG to use the banner. As the term and logo is their's, it is polite to ask and will ensure that we do not infringe any trademark/servicemark/copyright laws.
[Jan 22, 2005 3:03:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No kidding stares, I should have thought of that. I just made it now, so I'll pull it down from my site and pend for approval to use it publicly. Since we're on a new page, I'll just pop it up again.

[Jan 22, 2005 3:05:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Alain,

I hope that it will be OK as I would like to use it. If we are allowed to use it, can you also make a statement regarding the freedom to use the banner so that no-one can infringe your copyright and artistic work.
[Jan 22, 2005 3:11:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

;P artwork. I can understand the WCG owners but you're too precautious if you think need my statement. Yeah sure: "I Alain Bryden herby allow and encourage anyone to use ma banner thingy." Thanks for the compliment stares ;)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 22, 2005 3:20:49 PM]
[Jan 22, 2005 3:20:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I guess I have learnt to be cautious. As soon as you publish something on the Internet, you basically have copyright over it. It is always better to check that you can use someone's work/graphics etc and give attribution if possible. smile
[Jan 22, 2005 3:25:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Stares do you think I should put this up in a new topic to better catch the attention of a mod or do you expect they'll pop around here sooner or later?

*Edit* Grammar was terrible.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 22, 2005 3:38:35 PM]
[Jan 22, 2005 3:37:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You could put it in another thread with a title such as "ATTN Mods: Banner usage". This may get a better response, although bumping it up all the time helps as well (assuming that people do what I do and simply use the Recent Threads button).
[Jan 23, 2005 9:09:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
rose Re: Spread the word

What an interesting banner. applause

But I suspect that a lawyer would have to draw up a policy regulating trade mark usage before anyone official would want to make a statement allowing the use of the trade mark chevron. And that is IF the policy allowed it. After all, there are 2 types of lawyers: the type who tell you what you can't do and the type who tell you how to do what you want to do.

Can you come up with a banner that substitutes a cloudy globe for the chevrons? Well, any globe would do. It's just that most of the globes on the Internet zoom in on North America, which seems unnecessary and even irritating.

Then all sorts of variations could be tried:
Join The
World Community Grid
Enlist Your Computer in the Service of Humanity
or
The World Needs Your Computer!
etc.

Lawrence
[Jan 23, 2005 11:40:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CONNIE
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I like the "Globe" idea !

It could even spin! (Can you do that Alain?)

Which would get around the "Where's MY country?" argument
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CONNIE at Jan 23, 2005 11:54:29 AM]
[Jan 23, 2005 11:50:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Anyone has any ideas on how we can get more people to participate (so hopefully we can finish projects quicker)?

I have an idea. Lets start an international "Beer Celebration Day" with sign up over the WCG. This is something a large number of people can get behind or under as the case may be. biggrin Let's make it 21 May 2005, This will give us time to spread the word to our friends and families. I plan to be in a pub somewhere in Europe at that time sampling the local liquid cusinine. smile
[Jan 23, 2005 3:49:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread