Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 678
Posts: 678   Pages: 68   [ Previous Page | 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29034 times and has 677 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 29 smilesmile

WAIT! HERE IT IS! 64bit version 177! HERE IT IS!!!!!

Could I load this graphics card (that's what it is, right?) or rather buy one and have it crunch on my hard drive?

I'm so computer stupid..

Dr. Mike.. (on his way for a shift in the E.R.)

Ok, Mike, Dataman and I are talking about running a project that is somewhat unstable that runs on your computer's graphics card, not its CPU. Now, if you give us your computer's specs, we could tell you what to do in order to set it up, but it would be complicated, so I would recommend becoming more familiar with WCG before trying ps3grid.

Also, your PC probably has a graphics card in it already, but it probably isn't a good one. To run PS3GRID, you basically need an nvidia 8800 gt or better. Those cards cost about 100 bucks.
[Sep 19, 2008 8:49:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

WAIT! HERE IT IS! 64bit version 177! HERE IT IS!!!!!

Yes it is a 8800GT. I'll give that driver a try. I wonder why Nvidia does not support it? Any one know of a utility that detects and repairs device conflicts? biggrin I have an IRQ/DMA problem with the coprocessor.

I don't know if I have a 32 bit machine with a empty PCI-Express slot. I'll have to take a look at the spec's for the HP's when I can see my screen. laughing

Right now I need to take a short nap ... until about Monday biggrin as I have not slept much in many days. In the last 36 hours even a blind pig and a dead dog could have made money. laughing Net-Net = w00t-w00t. cool

Thanks for your help. coffee
----------------------------------------

[Sep 19, 2008 9:51:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Jonathan -- I just checked and got a message that stats will not complete for another 45 minutes (about 11:15 PM EST). Tired tonight, so I am turning in. You might want to collect them in the morning.
[Sep 20, 2008 2:36:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Jonathan -- I just checked and got a message that stats will not complete for another 45 minutes (about 11:15 PM EST). Tired tonight, so I am turning in. You might want to collect them in the morning.

Don't worry, I'll get them! Thanks so much for helping me remember.
[Sep 20, 2008 2:50:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well, didn't make it to bed yet. I feel like a pest with the reminders. Glad to help you. I would have volunteered to collect them myself, but for a while there, it looked like I might be headed back to the hospital. Glad you were there to help out.
[Sep 20, 2008 3:17:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well, didn't make it to bed yet. I feel like a pest with the reminders. Glad to help you. I would have volunteered to collect them myself, but for a while there, it looked like I might be headed back to the hospital. Glad you were there to help out.

Hope you're feeling better. No more hospital for you!
[Sep 20, 2008 4:13:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

OH NOES! Vista Epic Failed this evening, and as such, I have to reformat. So I'm running XP Pro, which unfortunately, carries a 20% penalty for PS3grid.
[Sep 20, 2008 6:04:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NiceMedTexMD
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
tongue Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 29 smilesmile

Dave, I too hope you're doing okay!

Dr. Mike.. smile
----------------------------------------

[Sep 20, 2008 6:05:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks, guys. I'm doing okay now, but some of my problems are chronic and are always there to haunt me. At least your patients won't be dealing with this problem, Dr. Mike. I have been having rounds of Stasis Dermatitis which have caused my leg to blister up and fluids to leak through the skin. Not a problem you will see in pediatrics.
[Sep 20, 2008 7:03:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks, guys. I'm doing okay now, but some of my problems are chronic and are always there to haunt me. At least your patients won't be dealing with this problem, Dr. Mike. I have been having rounds of Stasis Dermatitis which have caused my leg to blister up and fluids to leak through the skin. Not a problem you will see in pediatrics.

We love ya Dave Take Care!!
[Sep 20, 2008 5:29:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 678   Pages: 68   [ Previous Page | 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread