Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9993 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Italian translation

Hi everybody!

I want to ask if is possible to help in the Italian translation of the website.

The entire translation staff of Boinc.Italy is disposable.
[Sep 1, 2009 9:13:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Italian translation

You can create a translation like http://de.wcg.wikia.com/wiki/Deutsches_World_Community_Grid_Wiki

If you want to do this, let me know and I will create the wiki for you.
[Sep 1, 2009 9:18:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

We have already Boinc.Italy portal for this.
We want make available the website in Italian like is available in French and Spanish, but if you don't care there is no problem.
[Sep 3, 2009 10:21:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi RockScorpion.

It would be really great if World Community Grid could allow member translations for their main website, but unfortunately they don't.

Instead, some members are putting translations in the wiki, so we can translate and extend the information available about World Community Grid, and make it easily accessible. The wiki has links between different languages as well as between different topics. It also includes FAQs and other information that isn't translated in the main WCG website.

Would you consider sharing your Boinc.Italy translations with the wiki? The translations are really excellent, but they might be hard to find for people who aren't members of your team.
[Sep 3, 2009 12:30:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RockScorpion [Lombardia]
Cruncher

I don't understand why WCG don't allow member translations. Can you explain it to me?

The proposal is interesting, I'm discussing it with the others Boinc.Italy members.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RockScorpion [Lombardia] at Sep 3, 2009 6:18:28 PM]
[Sep 3, 2009 6:17:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

RockScorpion [Lombardia],
WCG/IBM do not forbid member translations and they welcome them to be posted under the poster's responsibility in the forums, or in external sites with links in the forum.

For pages in the website under their own responsibility WCG/IBM want/need to be sure that the translations are correct and of a sufficient quality. And for that purpose the only way is to use professional translation services, IBM's own ones in this particular case.

If you had to be held responsible for pages in a language that you cannot read a single word (like Japanese or Chinese for me) I think you would do the same.

Major inconveniences: the cost, the time and the low responsiveness to changes.

These are the main reasons why there is currently no formal plan for implementing a new language, although that might change later.

Add to these reasons that the previous language additions have not been followed by a visible increase of members from countries speaking these languages, although one can always argue that they may have avoided that ???? new members from these countries be discouraged by a website in a foreign language. smile

I think these are the main lines of this often asked subject. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Sep 3, 2009 11:19:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You can create a translation like http://de.wcg.wikia.com/wiki/Deutsches_World_Community_Grid_Wiki

If you want to do this, let me know and I will create the wiki for you.

I visited that wiki and I like it. More than this, I find it useful wink

Can you Didactylos create an italian structure? Later we will fill it, I ensure you cool
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 20, 2009 1:59:53 PM]
[Nov 20, 2009 1:58:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Italian WCG wiki is now real!

Italian WCG wiki

Every contributor is welcome.
Chiunque volesse contribuire รจ il benvenuto.

hugs
[Dec 12, 2009 5:32:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

Congratulations for the effort and for the work done!

I'll leave it to Sekerob for the congratulations on the contents, my ability to read Italian is not null, but not too high either! smile

Cheers. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Dec 12, 2009 6:51:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread