Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 67
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86031 times and has 66 replies Next Thread
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Please update status

dkt, you may quote me from my post of Jan 27 in this thread http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...ad,27971_offset,40#265086 ... 30 day notice [estim].

Last batch I wrote and corrected on Feb 9 in this thread: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...d,20432_offset,300#266644 ... it was 3 batches less... 627

The end is NI, but further away than 30 days, still, so shows a gantt chart in this thread

smile
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Feb 14, 2010 6:52:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smeyer55
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Sekerob,

According to your Rice Chart on the WCG Projects page we are 97.44% done. Someone had mentioned we were doing about 0.2% per day which would indicate we have about 13 days of work left.

I've also seen workunits from batch 584, although the batches are not being sent in order since I just got some 574 work units.
Guessing that we're completing 2 batches per day that would be around 22-27 days of work left.

Did I miss the announcement of less than 30 days left or are my calculations wrong? wink

Steve
[Feb 22, 2010 1:50:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Yes, I missed the announcement too... it's not been made yet. Kind of forward, backward, now I have a 582 and further down from a new batch 563. Think there was mention of 10 batches per week, so there you are, based on multiple week actual progress today it's ~94.2% being the state printed on my screen as of noon update.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Feb 22, 2010 2:06:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
confused Re: Please update status

Yes, I missed the announcement too... it's not been made yet. Kind of forward, backward, now I have a 582 and further down from a new batch 563. Think there was mention of 10 batches per week, so there you are, based on multiple week actual progress today it's ~94.2% being the state printed on my screen as of noon update.

So.... less then 30 days and the queue will be dry or close to dry?
[Feb 22, 2010 11:06:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smeyer55
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I guess it depends on how you project the work send rate.
If we use 0.2% per day and we're at 94.2% then we have about 29 days.

If we use 10 batches per week and we still have 45 batches left it would be 4.5 weeks.
It seems like we're doing more than 10 batches a week, so the 4.5 weeks may be to long.

Either way the end is near biggrin
[Feb 23, 2010 1:39:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
luckypants
Senior Cruncher
Wales
Project Badges:

Yes, I missed the announcement too... it's not been made yet.

So what does that mean? That the 30 day announcement has not been made because there is still more than 30 days work left or there is less than 30 days work but no announcement has been made?

[Feb 23, 2010 1:22:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

patience :) I was double checking my numbers and downloading the last of the work units from the researchers. :) watch for the post real soon :)

-Uplinger
[Feb 23, 2010 3:11:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread