Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 67
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 53722 times and has 66 replies Next Thread
falconet
Advanced Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Please update status

Hello

can a scientist from RICE update the status on the website.It has been over 2 months since the last update
----------------------------------------
[Nov 20, 2009 10:41:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nickoli
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Please update status

This would be greatly appreciated by many! :D

[Nov 24, 2009 10:31:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evilkats
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I want to see an updated picture with more yellow dots indicating progress...
[Nov 25, 2009 1:32:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
skarm
Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

That would be nice. I am running towards a Sapphire (with a decent way to go! - almost at Ruby) and would generally like to know how hard I am going to have to push before the end of the project.

Either way I definitely do love the concept of this project itself and its possibility of providing for third world countries.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skarm at Nov 25, 2009 2:41:49 PM]
[Nov 25, 2009 2:40:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Anyone who can read this [oversized] chart will figure out that the project weights will change sometime when the prospective 3 phase 2's kick in:

PS: The background IS a crystal ball and everything read in it is subject to change without notice :D
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Nov 25, 2009 3:27:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks for all the charts Sekerob, they really are great to have. I see that I have made a good decision to get my 5 years in for the next project currently scheduled to end (NRW).
[Nov 25, 2009 9:02:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
martin64
Senior Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

I see that I have made a good decision to get my 5 years in for the next project currently scheduled to end (NRW).

Indeed. For badge hunters it makes sense to get their "final goal" for NRW asap (i.e. now), as they will also want to hunt for the upcoming relatively short projects. Returning to NRW after these are finished will not work becuse NRW will be finished by then as well. biggrin

Regards,
Martin

[Nov 26, 2009 9:31:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
martin64
Senior Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

I want to see an updated picture with more yellow dots indicating progress...

A bit more precise info about the amount of work still to be done would be nice as well - ideally the number of results that still need to be sent out until the project is done smile

Maybe one of the WCG techs can comment on that?

Regards,
Martin

[Nov 26, 2009 9:35:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:

As with any project, sometimes researchers decide to send MORE workunits, or change the parameters and resend workunits.

Progress is difficult to estimate, especially as the project mix changes and different percentages of each project result as some become more or less popular. The weight of a project can also change internally.

The final pushes are only announced when there is an estimate of 30 days of work left.

From the chart, it will likely be rice, unless some other short project intervenes.

Don't you just looooooove uncertainty? That is the nature of research.
SUPPORT ADVISOR
Work+GPU i7 8700 12threads
School i7 4770 8threads
Default+GPU Ryzen 7 3700X 16threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
Home i7 3540M 4threads50%
[Edit 1 times, last edit by retsof at Nov 26, 2009 1:47:58 PM]
[Nov 26, 2009 1:45:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Retsof and Sek are pretty accurate with their statements. We do not comment on the end of project until we know there is about 30 days left. This usually means we have the remaining 30 days of work in hand and built, ready to be sent. At this time, we are estimating over 600 batches for RICE. But again, estimations are just that. The researchers may find an additional 100 batches to process or take out 100 batches. So assumptions and estimates are all that we have.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

Again, sorry for being so vague with the smoke and mirrors.
[Nov 26, 2009 5:16:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread