Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11457 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do I know something is happening ?

I had difficulties with WCG not doing anything previously and in the end stripped it all off my computer and reloaded. I'm still not convinced anything is happening !

Please advise

Rob
[Jan 23, 2012 1:14:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikey
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: How do I know something is happening ?

I had difficulties with WCG not doing anything previously and in the end stripped it all off my computer and reloaded. I'm still not convinced anything is happening !

Please advise

Rob

When you log in you will see a status page of your account...click on My Statistics History, 2nd on the list, and it will show you a list of how many units you returned over the last 14 days. That 14 days is adjustable if you'd like. 2nd click on Results Status, further down the original list, it will show you all the units that are in various statues of progress on your pc. If you click on arrow next to the All word there is a drop down box that you can select from the various stages your workunits are in. You should be able to see some In Progress, some Pending Validation, any Errors etc, etc.
----------------------------------------

[Jan 23, 2012 1:35:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It seems to be showing nothing at all is happening ! However if it is a 14 day window then I don't think I've reached that. I downloaded on the 7th Jan - it was a couple of days before I did the re-installation and looking at the files in the WCG folder some of the data files do have a current date.

I'll have another look in a week's time and see if there is something to see.

Many thanks
Rob
[Jan 23, 2012 2:11:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

As what mikey159b, eluded on, visiting the Result Status page, and reviewing this FAQ http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=6105 how to navigate and investigate all the work currently assigned to your computer would give you all the indication of how your computer is doing. Then on top opening the BOINC Manager, active progress is visible. Also hitting the key combination Ctrl-Shift-Esc will open up the Task Manager. If that indicates there is 100% or a very high percent of CPU load, and you see processes listed that start with WCG with a substantial percent of CPU use, then the client is working. Else, if nothing shows, refer to your previous thread how to determine to whom the client is registered.... ambodach or another account you entered during client installation and attaching to WCG.

--//--
[Jan 23, 2012 2:24:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Wouldn't the simplest way be,
to open the Boinc Manager and look under the Tasks tab ?
Of course you would have to be in Advanced View first.
[Jan 23, 2012 2:50:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread