Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 195
Posts: 195   Pages: 20   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 98635 times and has 194 replies Next Thread
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
GPU Support: Post Your Problems/Questions Here

Please post your problems and questions here and not in the "Work Now Available for Beta Test" thread. Hopefully this will allow us to answer these questions more quickly and not miss them in all the other posts.

peace
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dataman at Mar 16, 2012 6:12:30 AM]
[Mar 16, 2012 5:51:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:
Re: GPU Support: Post Your Problems/Questions Here

Excellent idea to have a GPU Support Forum.

I continue getting Betas, about 60 WU received up to now but all of the CPU type. It seems my GTX 580 GPU's do not receive any.

I did check all the necessary parameters.

1) Beta testing is checked for all profiles
2) in the profile the box to allow GPU WU's is also checked
3) In the Activity tab of the Boinc application the use of GPU is set as ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
4) In the Preferences tab of the Boinc application the "use GPU while computer is in use" is also checked.

Maybe I am missing something. confused

[Mar 16, 2012 6:23:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

You are ok Hypernova. As you can see here:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...825_lastpage,yes#lastpost

That card has produced both good and bad results so far. Currently there are a lot of CPU beta's but very few GPU beta's. I have received only 4 so far with 14 cards "looking".

[Mar 16, 2012 6:39:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kashie
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for letting me know GPU tasks are scarce for everyone, I thought it was just me.

Noticed your GTX 460 SE has busy wait bug, runtime and CPU time are the same. Not that it matters much as it requires a full CPU core for the CPU part of the application anyway.
[Mar 16, 2012 7:07:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for letting me know GPU tasks are scarce for everyone, I thought it was just me.

Noticed your GTX 460 SE has busy wait bug, runtime and CPU time are the same. Not that it matters much as it requires a full CPU core for the CPU part of the application anyway.

Hey there teammate! Thanks, I had not noticed that. Me thinks there will be a lot of debugging going on over the next few weeks, wink

[Mar 16, 2012 7:15:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The ones I ran on my GTX 560 Ti also had the same CPU time as runtime.
I noticed when the GPU jobs were running the CPU usage went to 100% all cores and stayed there the whole time. I had one free thread and was running c4cw on 7 of 8 CPU threads.
I have freed up another thread and hopefully I will get another GPU to see how it runs with 2 free CPU threads...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 16, 2012 7:31:46 AM]
[Mar 16, 2012 7:30:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Platoon
Advanced Cruncher
Russia
Project Badges:

I have a question.
Is there some kind of "ban list" of devices with non-supported GPU card?
Yesterday I've installed a new Radeon 7950 card instead of old non-supported one but still did not get any GPU work.
" forever forge ahead and keep the dream in sight!"

[Mar 16, 2012 8:31:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I continue getting Betas, about 60 WU received up to now but all of the CPU type. It seems my GTX 580 GPU's do not receive any.

Hypernova,
Is your BOINC installed as a service? For Windows GPU work, you need to have it installed as an application instead (something that I need to address too sad ).
[Mar 16, 2012 9:15:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kashie
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have a question.
Is there some kind of "ban list" of devices with non-supported GPU card?
Yesterday I've installed a new Radeon 7950 card instead of old non-supported one but still did not get any GPU work.

Platoon, anything less than a HD 5xxx is on now on the ATI "ban list" but a HD 7950 is definitely not.

"ATI/AMD Cards Removed in next round of testing (i.e. we know these won't work):
ATI Radeon HD 2900 (RV600)
ATI Radeon HD 2300/2400/3200 (RV610)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 (RV630)
ATI Radeon HD 3800 (RV670)
ATI Radeon HD 4350/4550 (R710)
ATI Radeon HD 4600 series (R730)
ATI Radeon (RV700 class)
ATI Radeon HD 4700/4800 (RV740/RV770)

ATI/AMD cards also need to be at CAL Version 1.4.0 and higher."

If you have "If my computer can process work on my graphics card, then please send me work to run on my graphics card for the projects that I have selected above" ticked and "Participate in Beta Testing" ticked then you were possibly just unlucky. I received 8 tasks in the first batch but only 4 today and I hit Update a few times trying to snag some. Received many "Tasks are committed to other platforms" messages so perhaps there were more NVIDIA tasks sent out today.
[Mar 16, 2012 9:19:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

. It seems my GTX 580 GPU's do not receive any.

1) Beta testing is checked for all profiles
2) in the profile the box to allow GPU WU's is also checked
3) In the Activity tab of the Boinc application the use of GPU is set as ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
4) In the Preferences tab of the Boinc application the "use GPU while computer is in use" is also checked.

FWIW my Nvidia card (GTX 460) is striking out too. sad
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Mar 16, 2012 10:19:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 195   Pages: 20   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread