Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 575 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Vista Beta 2 (IE7) Can't Login

Every time I try to log into WCG with my Vista Beta 2 computer after I click login a NEW window appears with the address:

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/j_security_check_wrapper

it says the page can not be displayed. If I close that window and try to just go to my stats or the forums or anything from the page I clicked "Log In" on it still says I'm not logged in.

Anyone know how to fix this?
[Jun 21, 2006 3:30:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: Vista Beta 2 (IE7) Can't Login

I've got no Vista, but guess that:

1. Try adding https://secure.worldcommunity.org to the trusted sites
2. Add same and http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org to allowed pop-ups.

Give it a swing and let us know......we crunchers, opposed to MSFT, support 'almost' anything in the community with love struck
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sekerob at Jun 21, 2006 5:04:32 PM]
[Jun 21, 2006 5:02:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You might be using internet explorer 7. Please, do yourself the favour to download another browser.

To download Opera 9.0 (IMHO is the best), here's the address: http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/opera/win/...International%20Setup.exe

And for firefox (Better for compatibility, but slower), then go here: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

If you already are, there will be a pop-up that says something. Click on it, and add it to the trusted sites as 'Chase Wright' said.
[Jun 21, 2006 8:14:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes I have already tried adding those as secure sites, and that does not work.

I know I could download another browser, but that doesn't fix the problem that Beta 2 (IE7) and the website login are incompatible.

Just wondering if there was anything else to try or if WCG even knew of the problem.
[Jun 28, 2006 9:16:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I got the site to work by enabling SSL 2.0 in the Tools - Internet Options - Advanced dialog. Looks like that is turned off by default in IE7. The help on that "this page cannot be displayed" page actually lead me to this.

Of course, I can't get the WC agent to even run under Vista, so this may all be a waste of time...
[Jul 3, 2006 4:40:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Just loaded IE7 Beta 3 on WinXP...give it a go on Vista. Runs fine, but has started to annoy me during post writings....hit the http:// button and it says you wanted to open a pop-up.....say "temporarily allowed - yes" and it reloads your page and looses you all your writings. Anything i tried, but will not accept permanent pop-up approval for this site, though i've added it to the exceptions.....no other problems related to WCG websites.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 3, 2006 5:51:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Just loaded IE7 Beta 3 on WinXP...give it a go on Vista.

Unfortunately, you can't. IE7 Beta 3 is only for XP SP2 and Server 2003 SP1.

Having said that, this is being posted from IE7 on Vista and I haven't had any pop up warnings - Maybe the blocker has become a little more intelligent ! (This is the first website I have been to since loading Vista)
[Jul 4, 2006 7:18:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

I have been using IE7 Beta on XP Pro since it first came out. I am now using Beta 3. I have expierenced no problems using this site. I have experienced problems with other sites, (actually ones that I developed) but it was because they were coded incorrectly. Since I fixed them, they work equally well with IE6, IE7 and all FireFox(es) I have tried.
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Jul 4, 2006 9:16:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vester
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I had to download and use Firefox in order to log in. IE 7.0+ with Vista Beta 2 says "...cannot display the webpage" after I try to log in. No troubles elsewhere.
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
To try to fix this problem, click Tools, and then click "Diagnose Connection Problems..."

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

[Jul 21, 2006 6:45:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread